Over the past year, the Trump Administration has sought to entrench its anti-immigrant policies through a series of proposed regulations that attack the right to asylum, limit work authorization for asylum-seeking immigrants, undermine the integrity of immigration court adjudication, and obstruct legal service provision.
Innovation Law Lab has engaged repeatedly in the rulemaking process to oppose these regulatory changes and make their harmful impacts clear.
Asylum Procedures and Eligibility
- LL Comment on Expansion of Criminal Bars to Asylum – January 21, 2020
- LL Comment on Proposed Asylum Regulations – July 15, 2020
- LL Comment on Public Health Asylum Ban – August 10, 2020
- LL Comment on Revised Asylum Procedures – October 22, 2020
Limitations on Work Authorization
- LL Comment on Changes to EAD Eligibility – January 13, 2020
Immigration Court Procedures
- LL Comment on Appellate Procedures and Decisional Finality of Immigration Proceedings – September 25, 2020
- LL Comment on Limitations on Continuances – December 28, 2020
- LL Comment on Revisions to Motions to Reopen and Stays of Removal – December 28, 2020
Requirements of Legal Service Providers
- LL Comment on EOIR Limited Representation – October 30, 2020