We are happy to announce the 5.1.0 release of LawLab. This release features a number of major improvements including Interview and Active Case Management. Interview is a single-page application that lets interviewers collect and organize the maximum amount of client information in a flexible format, allowing them to conduct interviews in a way that is most comfortable for the client and the interviewer. Active Case Management is a productivity tool that automates workflows and triggers case events, ensuring that process is well-defined and utilized throughout the practice.
A feature that has been often requested has now arrived: Access Control! This allows an Administrator to create Limited users who may only access specific Records, and may have different, fine-grained permissions applied to various Records.
Another important part of the 5.1.0 release is an overall security hardening of the LawLab application. Password encryption, while adequate, has been significantly strengthened. Administrators now have the ability to require that a user change their password on next login, allowing initial passwords to be shared then immediately replaced by the user. Users will also be greeted with a new login notice stating the last time and location of their session, and a warning if it appears to be significantly different from the prior session.
A number of other smaller, “behind the scenes” improvements and changes have been made to facilitate even bigger features coming soon!
- As a result of improved password security, Calendar ICS and RSS feed URLs will need to be recreated once after the user’s first login post-upgrade. Existing URLs will no longer function
- Administrator accounts with either default email addresses or passwords will be forced to update their email and/or password information on the next login.
Major Features / Improvements
- Interview Application
- Active Case Management Workflows
- Auto fill new Docket entries with attachments and comments
- Unified Parties
- Access Control
- Security Hardening
- Multi-User Dashboard
Bug Fixes / Minor Improvements
- Added ability to print Task report directly from Dashboard
- Improved UI button consistency
- Security Role functionality is consistent across the site
- Gender added to party
- Task report improvements
- Password reset page styling improvements
- Calendar library upgrade
- Calendar event/task comment details now scroll with page
- Include Gender in Parties report
- Dashboard options now persist for entire login session instead of being reset each page view
- XSLX export support has been removed
- Docket styling improvements to indicate future/past entries
- Case Actions may now be limited to specific Case Types
- Remove Flash requirement for address clipboard copy support
- Added Religions
- Prevent identically named items from being created in some dropdowns (Case Types, Case Actions, etc)
- Fix case when Events without comments wouldn’t match when Advanced Search was ran with no query and a Case Action specified
- Allow sorting by Attorney column in Records and Consultations view
- Allow searching by Attorney in Consultations
- Fix for error when certain Consultations are returned in Management Report
LL 5.1.0 will be available in beta until January 29, 2018. You can create a subscription and take advantage of beta pricing here.