Job Title: Legal Assistant Date: 11/12/2018
Category: Full time, permanent FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Innovation Law Lab (Law Lab) is a 501(c)(3) public benefit non-profit corporation focused on elevating humanity over fear. We combine technology and litigation to permanently end the mass incarceration and deportation of immigrants and refugees.
Law Lab is hiring a qualified, passionate legal assistant. The Legal Assistant provides support to the attorneys in order to accomplish our mission of ensuring justice in the immigration system. The Legal Assistant prepares applications, communicates with and interviews clients, and supports clients in moving through the immigration system. Applicants must live in Portland, OR.
To Apply: Please send an email with subject line: “Legal Assistant Application” with a resume and cover letter attached, describing your experience and why you believe you are a match for the position to email@example.com. Due date to submit applications is November 30th at 5pm PT
**Skills & Qualifications**
* The successful candidate should have these skills and aptitudes:
* Communicate fluently in English and have strong writing skills;
* Communicate proficiently in Spanish (must be fluent);
* Excellent word processing skills and demonstrated facility with major word processing software such as Microsoft Word or GoogleDocs;
* Able to follow detailed instructions;
* Passion for customer service and social justice;
* Self-starter and confident decision-maker;
* Strict attention to detail.
* A 4-year college degree is preferred;
* Prior office experience is preferred;
* Prior experience with social justice work is preferred.
**Salary & Benefits**
Salary will be set at an hourly rate commensurate with experience and skills with a base pay of at least $15.00/hour. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off and public transportation subsidy.