- From the Record View, click on the icon on the top right corner.
- In the Party Merge screen, select the “Source” Party and the “Destination” Party. Identify the party and information you want to preserve. In most cases, duplicates will have no information attached at all. Available fields to merge will be visible once the Source and Destination parties have been selected. Fields marked green mean that information in that field will be preserved and will replace the information contained in the corresponding red field. Fields containing identical information for both Parties will be hidden to simplify the display.
- In some cases there may be Interview sections that allow multiple entries. In this case, those fields on the Destination Party will not be highlighted in red, but will be preserved. These fields will be indicated by a plus-arrow (⥅). You will need to remove these fields manually from the Destination Party if you do not wish to preserve them.
- All Attachments will be copied to the Destination Party by default.
If you don’t want to replace the information, don’t check off any field.
- The option to Delete the “Source” party is located at the bottom left. This option will allow you to delete the duplicate:
If you click on it, a warning message will pop up:
And the a new “Merge Party” option will display:
A last message will pop up after acknowledging the warning and clicking on the Merge Parties button:
Clicking OK will permanently delete the “Source” party, thus eliminating any accidental duplicate.