The docket is the history of your client’s case, or cases. It is the place where you can record every interaction, message, conversation, appointment, client documents, etc. In other words, it’s all the procedural information about your client’s case. In the docket, you can create new cases for your clients (Case Registers), see if they are open or closed, see who the parties are for each case, and what the next step for the case is. It also gives you direct access to seeing and editing the Interview.
Case Register: It’s the basic information about your case. Every new case should have their own case register.
Click on the icons to the right to:
- View and add a party (1): The number next to the icon represents the number of parties linked to that case.
- Open Docket entries (2): The number next to the icon represents the number of entries or case notes made in that particular case register. Opening the docket will display additional options within that case register (add an entry; search within the docket; and add an attachment).
- Create / view an invoice (3): Available only for users with Invoice roles
- Go to Interview (4): This option will take you to the Interview section.
- Edit Case Details (5): To edit case details in the case register (Case type, location, chargeability, etc).
- Delele Case Register (6): This option is only available for Administrators or for Users with Delete role. Use with Caution, deletion is permanent!
As a Standard User, there will be several options available for Docket entries. To create new docket entries, click on the plus sign to the right in the menu bar. The tools will light up when you hover on them, and a brief tip will display.
To add a new casenote to a case register, click on the + sign and select from the drop-down list the Case Action to use. If the casenote is a task, it will require an assignee. If it is an event, it will require a) an assignee and b) start/end times.
You can also use Date Calculator tool for future events or notes. To create an event, note or task that is x amount of days in the future, just add +[number of days] in the Date field and the system will automatically calculate the date for you:
The next icon “Search” will open a search field where you can look up anything in the Case Register: a name, a case action, a number, etc.
The icon Clip will sort entries by showing only the ones with attachments. You can also click on Download all if you want to download all documents that have been uploaded to a case register.
Click on to go back to all entries view.
The order in which the docket entries appear is chronological. The latest entries will show first. If you wish to keep certain information at the top of your docket, just pin the note at the top by clicking on the checkbox to the left in your case note:
The available options for each docket entry will be on the right side.
Upload documents by clicking on the icon. There is a per-document size limit of 50mb, but no limit on the number of documents that can be uploaded. You can upload word, pdf, jpg, audio files, zip files, etc. Once you upload a file (or files) a new icon will appear in the entry options with the number of attachments. Click on the clip icon to view, delete or edit the name of the attachment. Or click on the name of the attachment to download.
Edit entry will open the original case note for editing: you can edit the content, start and end dates, and assignee.
Delete entry will be visible if the CaseEvent Delete role has been assigned to your user, in addition to Admins and those with the Delete role.