Job Title: Administrative Specialist Date: 11/12/2021
Category: Full time, permanent FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Innovation Law Lab (Law Lab) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to elevating humanity over fear. We leverage technology, law, and organizing to fight for immigrant and refugee justice.
The Administrative Specialist is responsible for performing administrative tasks and provides program support to achieve designated objectives within Innovation Law Lab’s diverse portfolio of work. The incumbent will take initiative to coordinate their own day-to-day workload in order to achieve the goals and objectives within their assigned portfolio. The Administrative Specialist will work closely with other team members to support the delivery of a diverse array of goals, objectives, projects and programs that leverage law, technology and organizing to advance immigrant and refugee justice. The Administrative Specialist performs a wide variety of administrative tasks including, but not limited to, general clerical support, data entry, conducting research, processing and preparing correspondence, reports and presentations, handling information requests, planning conferences and meetings, providing accounting support, making travel arrangements, and maintaining calendars and schedules. The Administrative Specialist wears many hats, consistently supports team members with numerous projects, works independently, and plays an active role in achieving the goals and objectives of the work assigned in their portfolio. The Administrative Specialist reports to the Director of Operations and Compliance.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are the essential job duties and responsibilities of the Administrative Specialist.
- Prepare presentation materials for use by others, editing content and adding appropriate graphic and design elements. These responsibilities may include creating basic web content.
- Compose and/or prepare correspondence, forms, newsletters, manuals, and reports using appropriate tools.
- Perform basic statistical calculations on data for reports and presentations.
- Arrange meetings, travel and travel reimbursement for staff as needed.
- Assist with grant tracking and serves as a resource for information related to the administration of grants and contracts.
- Assist with the processing of invoices, payments, and receipts.
- Perform specialized administrative duties required to support specific objectives of Law Lab’s portfolio, using discretion to make judgments based on operating guidelines.
- Support purchasing requirements for programs, researching items and obtaining price quotes, entering information into Law Lab’s systems, and maintaining record information as required.
- Compile and maintain information that may require web researching, gathering, compiling, and updating data and records.
- Utilize a database for inputting donor information and generating correspondence, retrieving information and updating accounts for report purposes.
- Assist in the facilitation of events and donor cultivation tasks.
- Perform other administrative duties as required to support the mission of the organization.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The following are the minimum levels required to successfully perform the Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities.
- One or more years of experience working as an Administrative Specialist, Assistant, or similar position.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively on a team in a fast-paced, high intensity environment.
- Must consistently demonstrate teamwork and positive day-to-day work relationships and interactions with staff, stakeholders, government officials, and others.
- Bilingual preferred; at a minimum, the ability to understand and to make oneself understood to all Spanish speaking individuals.
The Administrative Specialist would regularly work out of the Law Lab office in Portland, with the option to work remotely. The incumbent must be available to come to the Portland office for at least two full days every week. The position interacts constantly with staff, stakeholders, and partner organizations. The position sits, stands, walks, bends, lifts, stoops, and moves intermittently during working hours. The incumbent must be able to lift, push, pull and move files and other equipment in excess of 10 pounds.
Benefits and Salary:
Salary will be set at an hourly rate commensurate with experience and skills with a base pay of at least $19-22/hour. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, ability to enroll in Law Lab’s 401(k) plan, paid time off and public transportation subsidy.
The Administrative Specialist position is a full time position and works a minimum of 40 hours per week. The position is classified as non-exempt and is eligible for overtime pay. Regular business hours are Monday – Friday from 8am – 5pm.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
This job description is a summary of the essential duties and responsibilities for this job, and it does not necessarily represent an all-inclusive list of duties, responsibilities, tasks or procedures. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instruction or assignments. Nothing in this description restricts Law Lab’s right to assign or reassign duties at any time.
Essential job duties and responsibilities are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform the job successfully, an incumbent or applicant must possess the experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform each essential duty and responsibility proficiently. If you require an accommodation in order to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job, please contact the Innovation Law Lab’s Operations Director.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At Innovation Law Lab, our aim is to foster a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment where everyone feels empowered to be their whole selves and is treated with dignity and respect. We welcome applications from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, skin color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, disability status, or any other characteristic.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions may also be directed to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Innovation Law Lab is an Equal Opportunity Employer