El Paso Immigration Collaborative Project Coordinator
Category: Full time, one year position subject to renewal
FLSA Status: Exempt
Innovation Law Lab (Law Lab) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization focused on elevating humanity over fear. We combine data, law, and design to permanently end the mass incarceration and deportation of immigrants and refugees and create permanent pathways to immigrant inclusion.
The El Paso Immigration Collaborative (EPIC) is an exciting new partnership between local and national organizations dedicated to using the law and technology to secure release from detention for individuals detained in the four detention centers where the El Paso ICE/ERO field office has jurisdiction.
The El Paso Immigration Collaborative (EPIC) Project Coordinator coordinates logistics for five critical areas to achieve the goals and objectives of the law programs: in-bound navigation, database management, case tracking and triage management, and coordination with partner organizations. The EPIC Project Coordinator reports to the Program Director and works closely with BorderX Advocacy Coordinators in the day to day, on-the-ground operation of EPIC as well as the EPIC partner organizations to provide critical data for compliance, management,
reporting, and advocacy. We strongly prefer hiring a candidate based in or near El Paso, Texas or willing to relocate to the region.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Case Coordination
- Receives, reviews, and screens all incoming cases for eligibility
- Facilitates triage process for EPIC cases with partner organizations
- Prioritizes casework by eligibility, need, and time-sensitivity
- Database Management
- Performs a wide range of logistical and administrative tasks including assisting on-boarding & credentialing new users
- Oversees and is responsible for all EPIC case data entry in LawLab
- Oversees remote data entry team for incoming cases, case record creation, and case updates
- Partner Coordination
- Trains and updates partners on LawLab database use, protocols, and best practices
- Manages incoming cases with legal orientation providers (LOP) in detention centers
- Coordinates with remote partner organizations for case referrals, periodic follow up, and case outcomes
- Coordinates case assistance with project volunteers
- Reporting and Case Tracking
- Runs regular LawLab reports for EPIC partner convenings
- Works with individual organizations to assist in producing LawLab reporting specific to organizational requirements
- Regularly follows up with all partners to ensure 100% coverage on EPIC case outcomes
- Identifies potential advocacy items around issues such as detention conditions, release trends, and more
- Produces regular advocacy reports based on all EPIC cases
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The following are the minimum levels required to successfully perform the Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Three years working in legal services, customer service, social sciences, or other related field with competing interactive and solitary work streams
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend Spanish at an advanced level is required
- Excellent written, analytical, oral, and organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively on a team in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
- Must consistently demonstrate teamwork and positive day-to-day work relationships and interactions with staff, stakeholders, government officials, and others
Environment and Physical Requirements: The EPIC Project Coordinator has the ability to work in an office setting or remotely; however, the position travels to El Paso, Texas and potentially locations throughout the the United States to advocate for the immigrant rights issues. These locations may include immigration court, immigration detention centers, private
businesses, foundations, and government offices. The position interacts continuously with Law Lab staff, advocacy groups, foundations, clients, government agencies, and others. The EPIC Project Coordinator is stationary for extended periods of the workday, but also moves
intermittently during working hours. The incumbent must be able to lift, push, pull and move files and documents in excess of 10 pounds.
Hours: The EPIC Project Coordinator works a full-time schedule of not less that 32 hours a week at the incumbent’s discretion based on business need. The actual time required will often exceed 32 hours a week. The EPIC Project Coordinator will coordinate with the Program Manager to determine their work schedule. The EPIC Project Coordinator may be required to work extended hours based on fluctuating workloads. This may include evenings, weekends, and holidays. The position is classified as exempt and is not eligible for overtime pay.
Other Duties and Responsibilities: This job description is a summary of the essential duties and responsibilities for this job, and it does not necessarily represent an all-inclusive list of duties, responsibilities, tasks or procedures. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instruction or assignments. Nothing in this description restricts Law Lab’s right to assign or reassign duties at any time.
Accommodation Statement: Essential job duties and responsibilities are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform the job successfully, an incumbent or applicant must possess the experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform each essential duty and responsibility proficiently. If you require an accommodation in order to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job, please contact the Law Lab Operations Director.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com . Questions may also be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org . While applications will be accepted until the position is filled, we anticipate we will begin conducting interviews in early/mid June 2019.
Innovation Law Lab is an Equal Opportunity Employer