Job Title: Program Coordinator Date: 05/04/2022
Category: Full time FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Innovation Law Lab (Law Lab) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to elevating humanity over fear. We leverage technology, law, and organizing to fight for immigrant and refugee justice.
The Coordinator is responsible for supporting and at times leading a number of specific objectives within Innovation Law Lab’s diverse portfolio of work, including driving particular objectives to completion. The incumbent will take initiative to coordinate their own day-to-day workload in order to achieve the goals and objectives within their assigned portfolio. The Coordinator will lead collaboration with other team members to deliver a diverse array of goals, objectives, projects and programs that leverage law, technology and organizing to advance immigrant and refugee justice. The Coordinator will take responsibility, as part of a team, for ensuring the objective fulfills its mandate and works toward the vision of the portfolio goal. The Coordinator assists with tracking and delivering the key performance indicators of the objectives they are driving. The Coordinator wears many hats, consistently supports team members with numerous projects, works independently, and plays an active role in achieving the goals and objectives of the work assigned in their portfolio. The Coordinator reports to the Portfolio Director or Deputy Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are the essential job duties and responsibilities of the Program Coordinator.
- The Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and implementing specific objectives of a portfolio of projects that may be local, regional, or national.
- The Coordinator will likely be assigned to drive several particular objectives that support the work of the organization.
- The Coordinator is expected to support collaborating team members in their work, ensure focus and wise use of resources within the objectives.
- Ensures objectives, tasks and projects are completed on time and are efficiently managed.
- Participates in and leads the creation of an inspiring team environment
- Participates in and leads committee and partner meetings, as appropriate
- Supports the relevant team members in all aspects of project development, management, and evaluation as it relates to the objectives they are driving
- Supports and leads the process for determining program direction and defining tactics for the objectives they are driving
- Works with directors and collaborating team members to maintain a coherent body of work across Innovation Law Lab’s diverse portfolio, and seeks opportunities to leverage support for other aspects of Innovation Law Lab’s work.
- Maintains and grows Innovation Law Lab’s position as a thought leader as it relates to the objectives they are driving
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The following are the minimum levels required to successfully perform the Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Program Administration, Global Studies, International Affairs, Law or equivalent studies, preferred.
- Two years working in an office environment engaged in legal services, customer service, social sciences, or other related field with competing interactivity and solitary work streams.
- The ability to read, write, speak and comprehend Spanish at an intermediate or better level is required.
- Excellent written, analytical, oral, and organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively on a team in a fast-paced, high intensity environment.
- Must consistently demonstrate teamwork and positive day-to-day work relationships and interactions with staff, stakeholders, government officials, and others.
The Program Coordinator would regularly work out of the Law Lab office in Portland, with the option to work remotely. The position interacts constantly with staff, stakeholders, and partner organizations. The position sits, stands, walks, bends, lifts, stoops, and moves intermittently during working hours. The incumbent must be able to lift, push, pull and move files and other equipment in excess of 10 pounds.
Benefits and Salary:
Salary will be set at an hourly rate commensurate with experience and skills with a base pay of at least $19-22/hour. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, ability to enroll in Law Lab’s 401(k) plan, paid time off and public transportation subsidy.
The Program Coordinator position is a full time position and works a minimum of 40 hours per week. The position is classified as non-exempt and is eligible for overtime pay. Regular business hours are Monday – Friday from 8am – 5pm.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
This job description is a summary of the essential duties and responsibilities for this job, and it does not necessarily represent an all-inclusive list of duties, responsibilities, tasks or procedures. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instruction or assignments. Nothing in this description restricts Law Lab’s right to assign or reassign duties at any time.
Essential job duties and responsibilities are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform the job successfully, an incumbent or applicant must possess the experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform each essential duty and responsibility proficiently. If you require an accommodation in order to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job, please contact the Innovation Law Lab’s Operations Director.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At Innovation Law Lab, our aim is to foster a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment where everyone feels empowered to be their whole selves and is treated with dignity and respect. We welcome applications from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, skin color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, disability status, or any other characteristic.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Questions may also be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Innovation Law Lab is an Equal Opportunity Employer